Skip to main content

Bachelor of Bishnupriya Manipuri!

Humor
RK Rishikesh Sinha, New Delhi

I am going to pass the BBM, the Bachelor of Bishnupriya Manipuri, very soon! It’s been three years, the time that one has to spend to fetch Bachelor degree; I have been grilled, polished days in and days out with the subject Bishnupriya Manipuri. Now in my last phase I find the subject, you can say the topic is very interesting and worth of further intensive study. At least Master degree, than PhD and if everything goes right and correct Professorship on my visiting card!

First Year of BBM

The first year started with fun and frolic and with self doubt, questions were there whether I am really interested or have the aptitude to study the subject that very few have tried their hand and head earlier. Of course, everyone starts the first year of their Bachelor degree called the rest year with these emotions.

New friends come from nowhere, friendship goes deep and thick. You share ideas personal and little bit academic. You try to show off your presence in the midst of unacquainted friends. You request for approvals from other group to chat with someone whom you would like to have a say. Not different from other, I also spent my first year with full fun and masti.

The topics taught in the first year were very elementary and basic. There were over 50 chapters on Bishnupriya Manipuri language, culture and why to study the subject and the like. Special emphases were given on self memoirs of Bishnupriya Manipuri Greats. These were the chapters I loved it very much since their stories used to give a full preview of the persons writing it.

Anyway I don’t know when I appeared for the first year exam and passed it. My classmates said, “Rishi you are a good student. Definitely you will get first class in the Degree.” I was still in doubt about my capabilities and for the self discipline required for clearing the Bachelor Degree.

Second Year of BBM

The second year was more extensive, I was introduced to many topics like Nabadwip, and thought-analysis of various theories. In my class I found some of my friends used to agree and some completely disagrees with some propositions of Greats. I didn’t openly express my views and thoughts on those theories, since I want to explore the subject more and deep, so I defied many questions bombarded on me from my professors and friends. You can say I remained aloof the whole second year as I was galloped with my own thought process.

Chapters devoted on why Bishnupriya Manipuris living 30-80 kilometers from Silchar/ Patherkandi are more susceptible to not using the language were more intriguing and interesting. I found the answers given by my friends based on these lessons were funny and I used to enjoy a lot.

Due to heavy demand for the subject in the market, there was sudden surge in the first year for this subject. Many juniors got admission in the Department. I along with my friends were happy that we are in second year and we are senior to them. No doubt the junior students were also brilliant with shining academic record.

Very few passed the second year, as my friends who applied for the same subject in other colleges went to pursue there. I missed a lot my friends; hope they are happy in their new adopted college. I remained in the same dingy Department of the college with rinsing roof and creaking wall.

Third Year of BBM

I passed the second year. Appearing for the exam I discovered how to study the subject. To be precise I came to know – how to prepare for the exam. I completely jettisoned the idea: exam is all about commit and vomit. I killed the very idea of the exam: it is a three hour/ three weeks/ three months affair. To pass in the third year one has to completely understand the subject, I proposed to myself.

In the third year I was introduced into inter-disciplinary studies. Use of analytics, statistics, design, modern methods of communication and human resource management, like many subject were taught.

There were also lessons on economics, politics, the Internet, policies, and bollywood music. Teachers are saying more lessons will be taught. And I am eagerly waiting for the classes.

I want to share with my friends, now I appear for viva-voce in Bishnupriya Manipuri. The Greats ask many questions which I have not noticed or read. They teach me many basics of the subject, some bark and some humiliate when I failed to answer their questions. But I love them after all they are Great without any degree in the subject!

I hope I will pass the final exam with flying colours. I am happy to share with all of my friends that I have applied for the dual course in Master and PhD in the same subject. Good news: the department has been allowed to carry out the twin course. So I will remain in the same college and with the same environ that existed three years ago. Now, special series of lectures on 'Is Immar Thar in Danger' is taking place in our department given by many scholars. Do attend in the seminar!

I have decided that I will not appear for CAT, MAT, XAT or any other competitive examinations.

One more thing, I am matured now. Now I don’t go for fun and frolic. I am serious with my subject. Another good news: I have build up a good hold over the Department and its workings. Every nook and cranny of the department is open to me. I love the subject and the Department. My wish in my life would be to become a Professor in the same department teaching the same subject to my students.

I hope you loved my journey that I have traversed in the three years!


Today is Leipakpa (Tuesday)

What next?


  • Get Email Alerts



  • Get SMS Alerts
  • Comments

    1. I appreciate your thoughts and contribution to the society brother... may god bless you. I am coming up with something big, just wait and see. I really want to do something for my society and I will do it, just waiting to find myself in that place.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    We all love comments. It is moderated

    Popular posts from this blog

    Sri Sri Bhubaneshwar Sadhu Thakur

    By Ranita Sinha, Kolkata Sri Sri Bhubaneshwar Thakur, the great saint of the Bishnupriya Manipuri Community was born on 26th October, 1871, in a remote village of Cachar district called Baropua in the state of Assam. He was born to a Xatriya Manipuri family. His father Sri Sanatan Pandit was a Sanskrit teacher and mother Srimati Malati Devi, a house wife. Sadhu Baba from his childhood was indifferent to all worldly happenings. He was engrossed in chanting the name of Lord Krishna. Along with other students of his age, Sadhu Baba started taking lessons of grammar and other spiritual literature from his father. At a very young age he lost his mother but he was brought up with utmost love and care by his step mother. At the age of eighteen, Sadhu baba lost his father, so, to continue his spiritual education under the guidance of Rajpandit Mineshwas Swarbabhwam Bhattacherjee, he went to Tripura. But within one year he made up his mind to visit all the holy places and as such he took permis

    Assam Search Engine: Bisarok

    Exclusive search engine on Assam Manash Pratim Gohain, TNN Jun 16, 2012, 01.46PM IST NEW DELHI: Assam got its own search engine ' Bisarok '. The search engine has been launched to get results exclusively on queries and information related to Assam. 'Bisarok', means 'to search' in Assamese language, has been launched and has been linked to various websites of the Government of Assam and departments, educational institutions and media. The search engine is likely to give a new online experience related to searches on Assam. Built on Google custom search engine, the search engine would be collating and building a database of web properties exclusively of the state in the North East region. 'Bisarok' has been developed by RK Rishikesh Sinha, who had earlier created a similar custom search engine ('Bisarei') on Bishnupriya Manipuri. According to Sinha, apart from Google there was no link to get results particularly on Assam. Any web entity related

    A short history of the Bishnupriya Manipuri and their religio-cultural consciousness

    Undoubtedly, the accurate period of the emergence or the development of religious consciousness of the Bishnupriya Manipuri is difficult to ascertain, but it is an old one that is undoubted, writes Rini Sinha , Guwahati . Religious beliefs are found virtually in every human society. Religious beliefs usually relates to the existence and worship of a deity or deities and divine involvement in the universe and human life. Religious knowledge according to religious practitioners may be gained from religious leaders, sacred texts or personal revelation. The development of religion has taken many forms in various cultural communities. The accurate period of emergence or development of religious consciousness of the Bishnupriya Manipuries is difficult to ascertain, but it is an old one that is undoubted. However, on the basis of the views of different scholars, pre-historic and historical remain whatsoever is available and from the logic of personal observations, we may put forward some view